Our new enemy, High Energy Visible (HEV) Light.
High Energy Visible Light (HEV Light) – also known as Blue Light – is less known, than for instance, UV-light. HEV light is also coming from the sun, but it’s also emitted by your smartphone, tablet, television, and computer screen.
What is Blue Light or High Energy Visible (HEV) Light?
To understand what Blue Light or HEV light exactly is we will start by explaining what the wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum are.
Blue Light is a part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which is not very well known as for instance UV-rays or X-Rays.
The full electromagnetic spectrum looks like this:
1) Gamma rays – Gamma rays are used in medicine and/ or radiotherapy, for sterilization and disinfection and in the nuclear industry.
2) X-rays – Ever broke something in your body?
3) Ultraviolet (UV) rays – Most famous UV-rays are from the Sun
4) Visible light – Any light which is visible, from Laser till TV-light, Blue Light (or High Energy Visible Light)
5) Infrared light – Think of an infrared sauna for relaxations of muscles.
6) Radio waves – Ever listened to the radio?